Sunday, June 15, 2008

Summer in the City

I am having the best weekend. After several squelching hot days Saturday was pleasantly mild and warm with less humidity and a nice breeze off the lake. We started the day off with a motorcycle ride to the Evanston Farmer's Market, which at first wasn't so great because the bike kept stalling. It is old (as old as me, in fact) and takes a looooooooooooooong time to warm up - over 30 minutes. It stalled out at practically every intersection making the first leg of the 8 mile round-trip quite nerve racking and potentially dangerous. So we pulled off the road for about 10 minutes while Steve just sat there and revved the engine. When we finally reached our destination we took about 10 minutes to spend our $11 on produce - broccoli, asparagus, and snow peas. I really wanted to buy some peonies but I knew they would be crushed in the back pack.... maybe next time. The ride home was much easier. The bike finally got warmed up enough to a point where we could relax and actually enjoy the ride.

For lunch I made broccoli salad!

I spent the remainder of the afternoon trolling around Rogers Park and Edgewater on my bicycle, visiting the bench-painting festival at Loyola Park (see photo above) and hanging out with Becky. I stopped at Steph's and we took Miss Ripley for a walk.



Steve and I ended the day with an art gathering under the stars at Vega Estates in Pilsen.



Today I reorganized the kitchen cupboards and got some laundry done. chores.

Also, Nancy's surgery went really well and her lymph nodes look clean! Everything seems to be going well and Erin and her family are very relieved.

No comments: