Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Western Vacation - Day 5: Back Home Again

The next morning we awoke refreshed and ready to make our way to the Denver airport to return the Yaris and fly home. Unfortunately we forgot to take a photo while Lacey was there last night so here is Annie and I. They are two of my best friends from high school and it was great for the three of us to be together again. I hope to see them again before our wedding.... but you know how time flies.

At the airport there were no problems or pat downs to be had. Just a smooth ride into Chicago. We were so happy to see the cats and I know that they were glad we were home. I always have this pull between wanting to be a homebody and the curious desire to travel all over and see new things. I love puttering around the house, talking to Elvis and Monkey, and doing my daily chores. But there is so much excitement in putting yourself in a different environment, seeing unfamiliar landscapes, and visiting old friends.

Also, this was the first real vacation that Steve and I have ever been on. We both had a great time and want to explore other parts of the country that neither of us has seen before. Fortunately we will be going on a honeymoon next year and there are many many places to choose from.


Elvis making friends with the monkey finger puppet

No comments: