Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stitch n Pitch

Last week I dragged a bunch of my mates to an annual event on the south side of Chicago called Stitch n Pitch. It is a fundraiser as well as a fun-raiser :) You go watch the White Sox play and you knit (get it - sox and socks) and drink beer and eat hot dogs. Though, you don't have to knit socks, you can knit anything you want. And you don't even really have to knit at all. Only 2/7 (that's two sevenths, a commonly used fraction) of my group was actually knitting at the game. This year we tailgated, which I thought would save us money, but I ended spending more somehow. Coincidentally, the Sox were playing the Tigers, so I was cheering Detroit, but they lost anyway. The project I was working was also very sports-related.... but that's on the DL for now because it's a surprise for someone! Though the photos reveal a sneak peek. If you click on the photo you will see more.

No comments: