Friday, September 24, 2010

The past year...

It's been a very long time since my last blog entry. This year (actually, 2 years) have zoomed past me at lightening speed and I'm pretty sure I've figured out where they've gone. I can attribute this increased velocity to how busy I've been. So here's a list of what I've been doing over the last year and what's new.

- MARRIAGE: (I now have an official husband. His name is Steve.) This is probably one of the biggest things, even though it hasn't changed our day to day lives very much. But the wedding itself was lovely and fabulous and the best day of my life.... to be discussed in another entry.



- BOUGHT A HOUSE: Yes that's right. We are {finally!} homeowners. I never thought I'd be able to afford a condo in Chicago and here were are living in our own brick box with our own green square right behind it. And another wooden box we can park the Subes in :) HAPPINESS


- WENT TO VANCOUVER: This was the biggest trip I went on over the last 12 months. One of my CapeTown friends was studying there for a semester.


- TAUGHT A KIDS KNITTING CLASS: Five kids, ages 7-18 + knitting needles + yarn = lots of fun! Although I will admit that I've had to sacrifice my own knitting for all of these other real life projects.

- EXPERIENCED BURGLARY: Unfortunately our apartment was burgled halfway through our move. It was so much more terrifying, violating, and traumatic than I ever thought it would be. We lost some valuable things and some things that weren't so valuable to anyone but me. That was the saddest part. Luckily so many of our family and friends were there to support us during that time (shout out to Eli & Gabe!) That's all I'm gonna say because we've moved on and I'm so glad it's over.

- GOODBYE, ROSIE: The last "family" dog that belonged to all four members of my family passed away. It was the end of an era and we will never forget our Golden Rose.


- SOLVED MONKEY'S ISSUE: In other pet news we found a special food that has been working for Monkey for the past year. What a relief.

- BECAME A BIG: I am a Big Sister to a sweet girl named Jasmine.


- BUDDIES & BUTTERS: All of my friends are multiplying! So many cute lil babes being had right now. And they are all doing a fabulous job of being parents. In addition, Devin, one of my besties, married Mr. Right last month and I couldn't be more thrilled. And last but not least, my Chicago bestie ERIN picked up her whole life and moved it across the country to Seattle. I'll just have to plan a trip to the PNW one of these days....Well at least she taught me how to make risotto before she left.

No comments: